From Toki Pona
As Toki Pona grew more popular through word of mouth, it generated a great deal of interest from traditional media. Click on the links below for clippings, transcripts, audio and video files.
Newspapers and news agencies
- Amber Dance, In their own words — literally, Los Angeles Times, August 24, 2007, p. A1.
(reprinted as Invented languages: They're not just for Klingons anymore, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, September 2, 2007.)
- Siobhan Roberts, Canadian has people talking about lingo she created, Globe and Mail [Toronto], July 9, 2007, page L3.
- Nick Moore, Moncton native creates unique 'good language', Times & Transcript [Moncton], July 18, 2007, page A5.
(reprinted as She's talking in a new tongue, Telegraph-Journal [Saint John], July 21, 2007, page G5.)
- Le toki pona est la nouvelle langue à la mode sur le net [Toki Pona is latest trendy language on the net], 20 minutes, August 30, 2007.
- Questions Answered: Invented Languages, New York Times, March 10, 2010
- Stanislav Koslovsky, Скорость мысли [The Speed of Thought], Компьютерра [Computerra], Nº 26–27, 20 July 2004.
- Sounds Like Canada. Interview with Sonja Elen Kisa by Kevin Sylvester. Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, CBC Radio One. July 25, 2007.
- And Sometimes Y. Interview with Sonja Elen Kisa by Jane Farrow. Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, CBC Radio One. October 20, 2007.
- 3-60. Interview with Sonja Elen Kisa by Denis Robichaud. Radio-Canada Première Chaîne (Atlantique). July 18, 2007.
- Le Réveil. Interview with Sonja Elen Kisa by Michel Doucet. Radio-Canada, Première Chaîne (Atlantique). August 27, 2007.
- Skylarking. Interview with Sonja Elen Kisa by André Alexis. Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, CBC Radio Two. March 30, 2008.
- Art Revolution. Segment on constructed languages, MIR Channel, Russia.
Untranslated media coverage
Please contact me if you want to provide a quality English translation of the articles below:
- Tijana Jovanović, Article in Serbian Политикин Забавник [Politikin Zabavnik], issue 2862, December 15, 2006, pp. 16–18.
- Internet: nasce lingua 'Toki Pona', Agenzia Nazionale Stampa Associata, August 24, 2007.